AnneMunition has a brother and a sister.
AnneMunition grew up playing video games with her siblings on their Super Nintendo and Game Boy consoles. Their mom bought the Super Nintendo console for them when she was about seven-years-old. When they were older, her brother introduced her to shooter games such as N64 and GoldenEye 007, which instilled a love of the genre in her. She and her sister mainly played Halo throughout high school.
She took a long break from serious gaming while she completed her 4-years Graphic Design degree and pursued a career in the field. However, she was bored and started streaming as a hobby in her spare time in June 2014.
By June 2015 she had garnered enough followers to switch to full-time streaming. AnneMunition became a Twitch partner in 2018.
AnneMunition is estimated to have around 4,450 subscribers. This would net her a monthly income of between $11,125 - $15,575 USD, excluding revenue generated from sponsorships, tips and advertising.
She generally streams from 00:00 UTC for 3 – 8 hours. She publishes her updated schedule here.
Advice for Streamers
Summarized from AnneMunition’s ‘Streaming 101’ blogpost:
• Choose a username that’s easy for people to remember and unique.
• Think about the image that you want to convey.
• Don’t copy the set-up of other streamers. Start out with basic equipment and if the subscriber count makes it worthwhile, invest in better equipment. Don’t operate at a loss.
• Streaming when big streamers are off-line, or steaming games that are small, but still have a decent viewership with fewer channels can help.
• Streaming is hard work and it can take a long time to grow a channel.
• Numbers vary from day to day, so don’t get depressed if your numbers suddenly drop from one day to the next.
• Success isn’t guaranteed, so don’t quit your day job unless you’re generating the income to justify it.
• Have a back-up plan. Completing a degree to fall back on is a good idea.